Monday 13 March 2017

Knit Circus Yarn

The lovely people at Knit Circus Yarns have just sent me some of their beautiful yarn to play with.

I chose fingering weight yarn in two shades- that's 'Knit the Sky' on the left and  'Renegade Unicorn' on the right. Isn't Renegade Unicorn the best name ever?

Knit Circus hand dye their yarns, using a range of different Yarn Bases; mine is 'Greatest of Ease', a combination of merino and nylon but they also do one called 'Fairy Dust' which comes with extra sparkle and 'Lavish' which contains cashmere. Do go and have a look at their Online Store; I spent a ridiculous amount of time wandering through it, trying to choose what I wanted.

I shall probably turn each of the yarns into something shawl-like but that's as far as I've got so far. The blue one did remind me of the sky in some of Turner's paintings but I'm not sure how much help that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment