Thursday 16 March 2017

In The Bag


There's nothing like planning ahead and that's what I've been doing a lot of lately. First, I have a big bag full of Stylecraft Batik yarn. This is a lovely soft yarn which comes in a range of beautiful colours, all with a hand dyed look. It isn't an expensive yarn though, it's 80% acrylic and costs less than £2 for a 50 g ball. This is starting to sound like an advert - no, they haven't paid me to say this!

Anyway, I designed a simple slip stitch cowl with this yarn a few weeks ago.


This is Ribbon Cowl and it was such fun to knit that I thought I would use the yarn again. This time I've chosen ten shades and combined them with the aptly named shade Biscuit to make ...

... well, I can't actually tell you that yet as this is a big project I'm planning for 2018. It will run as a free KAL throughout the year - or it will if I can finish it in time!

I've also been busy planning my big Christmas pattern for later this year. I know it's barely Spring but these big projects take forever to get ready. Again, I can't tell you what it will be but it will be much simpler than last year's three dimensional scene. 


I'm looking forward to revealing these big projects in due course. I always worry that, after all the build up, nobody will want to knit them but so far that hasn't happened. Fingers crossed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment