Thursday 7 December 2023

Snowflake Biscuits

The next things to decorate my Christmas Cheer wreath are some snowflake biscuits.


These were the first things I thought of when I was choosing decorations for this Christmas food and drink wreath. There are lots of special biscuits associated with the festive season but I've loved the idea of these ever since first coming across them in this book.


In Jolly Snow by Jane Hissey, the toys are tired of waiting for snow so decide to make their own in all sorts of creative (and messy) ways. While Bramwell Brown is baking, they make snowflakes out of paper ...


... and feathers ... and have lots of fun. By this time it has actually started snowing outside but Bramwell Brown has also finished his baking and Jolly Tall (the giraffe, obviously) decides that this is the best snow of all. 

‘Bramwell Brown came into the room carrying a huge plateful of snowflake biscuits. “I think what you need is some of my snow,” he said.’ 


Whenever it snows I feel the need to bake some snowflake biscuits as I used to do when the children were small. In case you feel like trying these yourself, I found the little tubes of ready made icing very handy for adding the snowflakes.

Snowflake Biscuits




No comments:

Post a Comment