Thursday 15 October 2020

Conker Scarf

Six months after publishing my last pattern (a scarf), I have just managed to complete a new design (another scarf). Well, its a start.


Conker scarf features a simple slip stitch rib pattern that's easy to knit and makes a warm, textured fabric. As you can see, I chose my yarn to match the conkers and the autumn leaves. It's an aran weight yarn from Katia called Azteca.


I used 200g of yarn to knit my scarf but you could adapt the pattern for other weights of yarn and make your scarf any with or length you like.

It's taken me a very long time to get this simple pattern written and checked, doing one small task a day so I hope there aren't any mistakes in it. Just remembering how to publish a pattern on ravelry was quite a challenge.

As well as looking pretty, the conkers came in handy for holding the edges of the scarf down so that I could stretch the rib a bit for some photos.


New, shiny conkers are very pleasing; Tolly cat likes to play pawball with them too - they don't roll straight which he likes. Can you spot the fake conker in this little bowl of them?


It's the one still in its case. I bought this resin conker at a craft fair years ago and I'm very fond of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment