Wednesday 3 March 2021

Finished!

I have finally finished my cross stitch Winter Sampler, one day before the end of February which was my deadline. My daughter and I are stitching each sampler during its season which gives us three months but Christmas distracted us with this one.

I got nearly to the end last week and then ran out of one of the green threads for the border - the same shade Rose ran out of a few weeks ago. Luckily my thread order arrived on Saturday and, after a bit of hurried stitching, it was done.


I even managed to sign it in a straight line this time (the date on the Autumn Sampler drops down a square). And here are my first two finished samplers.


And here are Rose's, the same designs but stitched on linen with Anchor threads.


We're going to wait for a couple of weeks before starting the next sampler in the series as we've got other projects to work on. I really wanted to get started on a big blackwork project from Blackwork Journey which I'm very excited about.

I have sorted the threads out for my Spring Sampler though. As you'd expect, this one uses lots of colours; my little tin is brim full.


Are there any other Belle and Boo fans reading this? I love these nostalgic designs of a little girl and her toy rabbit. This little tin is just right for holding threads for a project. Rose sent me another Belle and Boo tin in December which has to be the prettiest Christmas tin ever.


It came full of homemade liebkuchen too which made it even more exciting. When I can cope with more complicated cooking (not to mention taste the results), I must ask her for the recipe.

2 comments: