Sunday 1 July 2018

It's all about the colours

Sometimes I feel the need to start another project just because nothing on my needles is colourful enough. This happened to me a couple of days ago so I went in search of a big, dramatic crochet stitch that I could work in bold stripes of colour. This is what I came up with ...


How about that for some serious texture? This is my version of the marshmallow stitch and I'm using a rainbow of Patons Diploma Gold DK for it. Of course this sort of stitch just eats yarn so I shall have to order some more soon. I'm hoping that three balls of each colour plus some sort of edging will make a small blanket.


I've also started using this Catona Colour Pack that I showed you the other week. 


You get one little 10g ball of each of the 109 shades of Catona in the pack and, after playing with them for a while, I decided it was time to actually start using them.

I'm going to knit straightforward squares and then sew them together to make a blanket. Deciding on how to arrange them is going to be exciting. I'll probably only do 100 squares so that I can make a 10 x 10 blanket but just think of all the possible ways of arranging 100 colours. I'm seriously considering taking a photograph of each square so that I can create pictures of different ways of putting them together ...

... but I'm getting ahead of myself here. So far I've knitted one green square. It's a very pretty square though.


As you can see, I've also crocheted a tiny square and made a yarn peg to use in planning designs. Just another 99 to go then.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thevmarshmallow which blanket is see eye candy and love the idea of 100 colours blanket and pretty please piccy of eachn colour like the firstšŸ¤©

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you. There are now two squares done, so only 98 more to go.

    ReplyDelete