Monday 13 February 2017

Odds and Ends

Some of my patterns take months or even years to finish. This one for example ...


While others go from "I wonder if I can knit that" to publication in a few days. Last week I wrote two patterns like that, both of which definitely fall into the 'odds and ends' category.

The first one was a knitted version of those leather plaited bracelets where, although both ends are joined, the strands can be plaited and unplaited.



Then I started working out a way to knit a garter stitch heart in one piece and, as Valentine's Day was only a few days away, I thought I'd better get on with it. So, after several days of knitting and re-knitting, I had a formula to knit the hearts in lots of sizes. Normally I don't enjoy taking the photos for a pattern but these were fun to do.


After rushing to get this one finished, what could I call it but Hearts in a Hurry. And now I'm going back to the normal designing; I've still got the mini quilt for next month to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment