Wednesday 12 April 2023

Have Craft Room ...

 ... will craft, obviously. It's so much easier to make things on the spur of the moment when you know where things are. Mind you, as I have yet to label most of my storage boxes, there's a fair bit of guessing that goes on too.

At the weekend my son turned up with a charity shop bargain for me. A set of puzzle pieces that can be arranged and re-arranged to make all sorts of geometric patterns. What could be more appropriate for a designer? And it only cost £1. We were particularly entertained by the cover of the box which is somewhat bizarre.


"Go away, the great man is thinking"

I don't think this is an entirely accurate representation of celebrity night life in the 1970s but who knows?

Anyway, the puzzle is great. The cards are double sided and there are lots of patterns to get you started. Here's the first one I made.


Can't you just see this as a quilt or perhaps a blanket?

I decided that I didn't need the tacky box though (not to mention the disintegrating plastic insert) so today I made a little black and white bag to hold the cards instead. Then I scanned the patterns on the leaflet from the box and printed them out on cards ... and then of course I had to make a little card wallet to put the cards in.


I worked out how to sew drawstring bags like this in any size ages ago; it's a very useful thing to know and the bags are quick to make. Choosing the fabrics takes longer than the sewing (well it does for me anyway). I do like making things.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely bag Frankie - so pleased you are enjoying your craft room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you. Yes, it is nice being able to actually find things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you share a link on how to make the bags please ?

    ReplyDelete